Monday, May 7, 2012

Sister's Big Day

Last Saturday, April 28th, my sister Amber got MARRIED!!!


Although the day was SOOOO much fun and SOOOO incredibly beautiful...I unfortunately cannot say the events leading up to the wedding were the same.

I had worked a 1/2 day on Thursday and picked Bennett up early from daycare.  We got home and I gave him a bottle and tried putting him down for his afternoon nap.

...wasn't happening.

I tried for a good hour to rock him, lay with him, even let him cry in his crib but he just WOULD NOT go down.  If you know Bennett at all, he's literally the easiest baby.  You can easily give him a bottle or lie him down and he will knock out.

Frustrated, I threw in the towel and said, "Fine, early bedtime tonight!"

I put Bennett down early that night and he slept like a rock from 7:00 pm to 6:30 am.  I was so glad he got a full nights rest and I woke him up expecting a happy cheerful baby.

...wrong again.

We had snot rockets, coughing, sneezing, crying, fussing...you name it, we had it. 

Not today! 
Why today!

I spent the whole day trying to nurse Bennett to good health, seeing as we had an evening and a full day of wedding stuff ahead of us.  But the poor little guy was so sicky :(.

Bennett and I went to the rehearsal, being the Matron of Honor and ring bearer, but sadly had to miss the rehearsal dinner because Bennett was just feeling so crummy.  That night, Chad and I stayed at my parents and put Bennett down for bed, hoping more rest would do him some good.

Let's just say that night was THEE worst night we've ever experienced with Bennett since he's been born.  Yes, worse than when he was a wee little newborn waking up every hour and a 1/2.  Yes, worse than that!

He was up every hour coughing his brains out, snotting all over the place, crying, kicking, screaming...the whole shebang.  I did two...yes, TWO steamy showers that night and Chad did one breathing treatment and ended up sleeping on the recliner downstairs with Benny on his chest since keeping him upright was the only way he seemed content.

The morning of the wedding, Bennett seemed better.  I wish I could say the same for Chad and I.  We had had zero sleep and a FULL day of wedding activities ahead of us...

..we were toast!

As tired as I was, the day seemed to fly by with ease and my sleepy head was just much too busy and preoccupied to even realize I was literally running on fumes.

Benny boy made the cutest little ring bearer and I fought back tears pulling him down the aisle.  He has such a joyous energy about him that it is just so hard to ignore it.  He smiled at everyone and looked so fancy in his little dress vest and tie. 

I melted.

Once we get the wonderful professional photos, I'll be sure to post those as well. But for now, here's a little peak of our day: 






2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! Aren't weddings the best? I tried to find your email somewhere on the blog to no avail, but I'd love to invite you to join my new link-up party for mamas next Monday. Check it out here: jellibeanjournals.blogspot.com

    I'd love to learn from your mom experiences, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know my email was MIA! I fixed that little problem. And thank you so much for the invite...what a great idea!

    -Catie

    ReplyDelete