Friday, May 11, 2012

Daddy.

This past week I semi experienced what it would be like to live the life of a single mom. 

O.
M.
G.

...those that are...GOD BLESS YOU! (but more on that later).


Chad had to leave directly after Bennett's baptism for four days of work in San Luis Obispo.  My mom thankfully agreed to stay the nights with me since I needed help with someone dropping Benny off at daycare in the morning.

This was the longest that Chad had ever been away from little Benny and all week before he left, he just kept saying, "I don't want to leave! I'm going to miss him!"  I don't blame him though, I hardly can stomach being away from Bennett for a few hours...let alone a few days.

We made some skype and tango attempts, but Chad's signal in the hotel made it really difficult to hear or even really communicate, so we resorted to good ol' speaker phone for Bennett to chit chat with his Dad.

So sweet.


Okay, so rewind.  Single parents...you literally are my heros!

As I've mentioned countless times, Bennett is SO easy...its like scary.  He hardly fusses or cries unless he clearly needs something and he's such a spunky little spark plug, you can set him down with some toys and he'll be entertained crawling around and laughing for a good while.


But doing it ALL yourself...not matter how EASY they are.

It's ROUGH!

Here's how the past few days at the Anaya abode played out:

5:30 am - Mommy wakes up, drinks coffee & gets ready for work
6:00 am - Benny Bear is awake shouting "Mommy come get me!!" (but in baby talk of course)
6:15 am - Bennett has his morning bottle
6:30 am - Time to pack and dress Benny for daycare (food, diapers, extra clothes, etc)
6:45 am - Mommy leaves for work (Mammies thankfully has been taking Bennett to daycare around 7:30 since Daddy has been out of town)
7:30 am - 4:30 pm: WORK
5:30 pm - Pick up Benny boy from daycare
6:00 pm - Get home, make and feed Bennett Dinner
6:30 pm - Clean up the massacre that WAS Benny's dinner (Cleaning = carpet, Bennett, high chair, etc takes SOOO long.  I swear, he gets food into cracks and places I didn't even know existed.)
7:00 pm - Bennett's Bath
7:30 pm - Jammies and getting ready for bed
7:45 pm - Bennett gets his nighttime bottle
8:00 pm - BED

...I'm not sure if you noticed, but in that list, there is never a break.  No time to sit, eat, even pee if I wanted to.  A few nights I realized around 9:00 pm that I hadn't even eaten dinner yet.

Let's just say...I WAS BEAT!

Chad came home last night around 6:30 pm.  He didn't know what time he would be home and I'm glad he didn't either, because he walked in as Bennett and I were playing on the floor and surprised both of us...in SUCH a good way!

Bennett saw his dad and literally squealed with delight.  He jumped out of my arms and b-lined it to Chad who could hardly put his stuff down before Bennett was at his feet trying to climb him like a tree.

My heart almost couldnt handle it.

...needless to say, we had a very happy baby the whole rest of the night!!


Yay for Daddy being home!!!

-Mommy Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment