Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fun! Fun! Fun!

This past weekend was SO MUCH FUN!

Chad and I both had a 3 day weekend and we made sure to soak in every moment of it! 

...Boy did we!


On Saturday,  I did something kinda crazy...I chopped off my hair.  I was just over it, to be quite frank.  It grows at the rate of a snail and is so thin it breaks if someone even looks at it the wrong way.  I was just done!

The last time I really cut my hair was September of 2007 and the stupid mop was barely past my shoulders in an almost 5 year span!!!  So, I chopped it to show it who was boss!



On Sunday, we spent the day by the pool at Chad's grandparents house and played with all the baby's cousins and napped in lounge chairs.  It was so nice.  I absolutely am filled with such joy watching all the little kiddos play and laugh with each other.  Bennett is obsessed with his cousins and just wants to hug, kiss and tackle them whenever they are around.

The only downside is little Benny wanted nothing to do with any adults except for Mommy and Daddy.  Dare I say I think we are entering "that stage"?  I hope not...he's getting heavy!!



Finally, on Monday - we woke up and snuggled in bed watching Blue's Clues and Veggie Tales.  The mornings are officially my favorite time of the day!  Bennett always wakes up so smiley and happy, and we get him out of his room and he lounges in bed with us watching TV and crawling all over us.

I melt.

Later that day, we again spent the day at the pool then attended Bennett's very first Dodger game.  The wonderful Millard's joined in the fun and we set out to Dodger Stadium for a good time.

Bennett did so great and he was so excited every time the crowd cheered or clapped.  He was just so amazed and looked around the WHOLE time.  Of course we had to take a few times to walk around to give him a change of scenery, but soon and sure enough around Bennett's bed time, the little man passed out on my lap!  I was shocked!  Crowd noise and all, he was out like a light!

Bennett my dear, you are so great.  You make being a parent so easy and joyous.  Your first birthday is just around the corner and I cannot wait for all the fun adventures we have ahead of us.



Love you my little boy.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment