Monday, May 21, 2012

10+ Months

This post is a little late considering you turned 10 months old over a week ago my love...but sheesh, Mommy is barely finding time to keep up with you these days.

Bennett my heart, I cannot believe we are closing in on your first birthday.  It really does choke me up thinking about it.  You're a full on walking and talking little person now (walking with a toy or assistance and baby talking of course).  How did we get here so quickly?



I vividly remember our first days together.  So crazy and chaotic, tiring and scary.  But everytime I looked at your tiny 5 pound self, I found such peace.  You were perfect then, and perfect now.

I know I say it all the time, but every morning I'm reminded of my purpose in life...to be your Mommy.  I hear you in your crib, standing up shouting your heart out.  I tiredly stumble into your room and am greeted with a jumping, smiling baby squealing with such delight.  You sure know how to sober a sleepy mommy up.

Also, your Daddy and I cannot stop gushing at just how incredibly CUTE you are.  You are so silly and joyous and definitely a little weird, but we love you through and through...ALL OF YOU.




Clearly you like keeping us on our toes, my little adventurous boy.  Falling into the cracks of beds and pulling heavy coffee cans out to play the drums (look out Zac Hanson).  But trust me Benny boy, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I adore your curiosity and fearlessness...but please for the love of God, practice caution my love.  You sure like giving Mommy some near heart attacks as well.

...but of course, it's really, really hard to get mad and actually STAY mad at a face like this.


Love you to the moon and back my son!

Happy 10 months Benny.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment