Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Home Stretch

Well folks...we're rounding third.  Huffing and Puffing our way down the home stretch.  A few more weekends and we will be sliding into HOME!

...Literally!

Our crazy schedule of showers and weddings and this and that is starting to fizzle out.  Three more weeks then we can soak in summer, sleep in and and RELAX!

Boy do we need it!


This weekend is Memorial Day and Chad and I are soooooo incredibly excited for a few reasons:

1. The long weekend...(squeal!)

2. Pool days - We've recently started teaching Bennett to swim.  Chad mentioned one of the mom's at Bennett's day care was telling him they are teaching their daughter who is younger than Bennett to swim.  Intrigued, Chad asked how they do it and she bluntly said, "You just drop them in."... WHAT?!?!  Well, obviously she didn't mean just throw your kid in the pool, but instinctively babies just know to hold their breaths and wiggle up to the surface.  Last weekend, Chad and I decided to give it a try.  I was particularly very nervous, because lately Bennett has been really sketchy about baths.  I've been finding myself climbing in with him every time now or else he cries, looks terrified, or tries to stand up and jump out.  But it's odd...the pool he loves? 

Any way, we got Benny all lotioned up and set out for the pool on Sunday. We held him in the water and splashed and played then decided to try the whole swimming thing.  I put my hands under Bennett's belly as if he was floating on a raft and sure enough the little guy threw his face/head into the water without even flinching.  I was so shocked and he came up for air, soaked with water with the biggest "Did you see mom? Did you see??" smile on his face! 

Silly boy!

After that, we kept trying and eventually began letting go and would let Bennett doggy paddle for a few seconds.  He loved it!

It just blows my mind how instinctive babies are.  Smart little cookies if I do say so myself!

3. ...and the best reason yet!!!  We're taking Bennett to his very first Dodger game!  (photos to come of course!)

I cannot say enough how much I hope today and tomorrow fly by, so until then, here's some baby cuteness to get you through the rest of the week!


My little angel, so peaceful in Church.


Rockin' Olympic diapers while watching the office...the best!!


Remote stealer!

xoxo,
Momma Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment