Friday, November 4, 2011

Trial and Error

Well I'm home from work today.

I feared this would happen...I just didn't realize so soon. 
Benny caught a bug...and a yucky tummy bug at that. 

While I was pregnant I always worried about daycare and all the germs that get passed around from all the kids.  I also was so worried about going back to work and cutting off breastfeeding because of instances such as this.  But it happened...and were dealing with it.

I know now that being a mommy is an endless battle of trial and error.  The constant struggle of figuring out what works for you and your baby and just going with it.  It took me so long to learn that and I'm sooooo glad I finally did.  I'd probably be freaking out at this point if I always assumed there was a specific answer for every baby question.

...but sadly, there is not.

About two days ago I noticed Bennett's diapers were a little, shall I say, messier than usual.  I didn't think anything of it at first since, as most new moms learn, baby poop changes SOOOOOOOOO much its like crazilla!!!  Then this morning when I went to wake the little man up, my heart shattered when I saw his crib covered in puke. 

(cue feeling like a sucky mom moment):
Oh my god!!! How did I not hear this happen in the middle of the night!?!?

I quickly snuggled my little man and tried to soak in all his discomfort like a sponge.  I seriously wish I were a sponge sometimes. Seriously.

I called his nursery school and questioned if they sensed any symptoms of the flu or a stomach bug in Bennett over the past couple days and bless their hearts for saying they'd pray for him and hope his tummy feels better.  They really are so sweet there - we truly are so happy with his nursery school, aside from pesky baby germs...but you can't win them all can you??

We headed to the doctor and were assured that the little guy would be just fine...still its so sad to think of him feeling so crummy. 

So today...it's just like the old days.  Spending my minutes and hours snuggled up on the couch with my little man. 

Pedialite, bottles and dumpy day time television.

...I miss this.






Feel better Bennett my love...mommy loves you to the moon and back!
 

 

1 comment: