Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturday, Oh Saturday

Bright and early yesterday morning, Bennett had his 4 month check up.  I've really been anticipating this doctor visit since little Benny is at the weird transition point of possibly starting solid foods and has been going through crazy growth spurts and tummy bugs.

I swear this kid is ALWAYS keeping us on our toes.

Bennett was checked out and we were given his 4 month stats.  As of yesterday, our little guy is weighing in at 14lbs 10oz which was a little shock to us since he dropped from the 55th percentile in weight down to the 29th percentile, but his stomach bug two weeks ago could account for his slowed weight gain.  He did however grow an inch and a 1/2, measuring at 25 inches long which is just so crazy to me.

No wonder why all of his pants suddenly turned into capris!!




Along with doctor visit of course comes shots...ugh! This is Bennett's third round of shots and it was without a doubt the worst set yet! (more on that later).

After Benny's doctor visit we came home and with our doctors suggestion, we attempted to feed Bennett solids for the first time.  I've been very reluctant to start Benny on solids because I just think he's still too little, but because of his slow weight gain, his doctor wanted us to try and get some more calories into the little man. I'm not going to say our first try was unsuccessful, but my suspicions were confirmed when Bennett simply would slurp up his rice cereal then spit it back out and look at me with his "I don't know about this" face.

Oh well, we tried.

I told Chad I'd be more comfortable in a few weeks, so we'll see how that goes when the time comes.


After our solid food attempt, Bennett napped until our favorite little Presley girl came over with Chad's brother Kurt.  I couldn't help but snap a photo of Benny's sweet sleeping face.



Let me start off by saying that Presley has a special little place in my heart.  Although I have countless younger cousins and been around babies my whole life, Presley was the first baby that I can honestly say I experienced from birth to the present.  I remember the whole time Abby was pregnant with her and I remember exactly when she was born.  Chad was still living in San Diego at the time and he sent me a picture of her in the middle of the night.  I remember all of her funny quirks, tantrums and milestones like walking and talking and I literally cannot believe she is almost 3!!!!



Bennett absolutely loves his cousin.  She's so silly and exuberant that Benny cannot help but crack smiles and laughs whenever she dances and showers him in kisses....She's such a silly girl.

While Kurt and Presley were over, Bennett started to get very fussy which is just so out of character for him.  I put the little guy down for another nap and he completely knocked out the second his head was horizontal.  Kurt mentioned that the shots were probably bothering his little leggies and we kept having to correct Presley girl from saying "Baby Bennett got shot" to "Baby Bennett got shots"..seriously she's so silly.  Kurt and Pres headed home and Bennett literally slept until it was time to eat again.

I fed the little man some dinner and we snuggled on the couch and watched Friends until Benny passed out on my chest...AGAIN!! 



Why the heck is he so tired?!?!

It was around 6:30 pm so I decided to simply put the little guy down for bed.  Fast forward to 10:00 pm...

Shortly after I had fallen asleep, I wake up to Bennett screaming at the top of his lungs in his crib...something that NEVER happens.  Usually when Benny wakes himself up in the middle of the night, he'll simply chit chat himself back to sleep or quickly doze back off (We're very lucky...I know).  I just knew something was wrong. 

I checked on the little man and found him in his crib almost in hysterics and scooped him up in hopes of comforting him.  As I pulled Benny close to me it felt as though the poor little guy was on fire.  I called for Chad over the baby monitor and asked him to take Bennett's temperature...

101!!!!

A fever!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they always say that shots can have reactions such as fevers or irritability, but Bennett had never even made a peep during the nights after any of his other shots in the past.  Poor little guy.

I undressed Bennett down to just a onesie and made a make shift bed on the floor with some cool sheets to try and break the fever.  We dozed off around 10:45 and I slid Bennett back into his crib to get some good, much needed rest.  Then again, at 12:30 am, Bennett woke up again with the same sad cry.  My heart just broke.  Chad was so great a rocked him back to sleep and our little guy slept until 7:00 am...something I allowed since I know how tired he must have been.

Thankfully this morning after Bennett ate some breakfast, his fever dropped down to 99 degrees.  PHEW!!!
I think we'll take it easy today and cure our little man with some cuddles and kisses.

Pesky shots...we're not your friend!
Thank goodness we have two months until the next set!

...here's to a lazy Sunday.

--The Anaya's

1 comment:

  1. Awww poor Bennett. Sounds like such a rough weekend! Shots and s fever. So scary!!! Ps yay for the first attempt at solids. I was totally sad to try them too. Now its so fun to introduce a new food and see Thatchers face shutter of dislike or smile or loving the food! Oh the fun of being a mom!

    ReplyDelete