Monday, November 14, 2011

4 Months

Yesterday our little monster turned 4 months old.  I'm literally still in shock, even as I write those words. I still, til this day, scroll through my photos of Bennett and am just so baffled at what a little person he has become.


I remember Chad's brother Kurt, when they had Presley, said that it started getting really fun once she turned 3 months old...and boy was he right.  Don't get me wrong, I hardly prefer any moment of Bennett's life over the other, but now, four months into it, it's just already sooooo incredibly different.


Bennett is becoming self-sufficient more and more each day.  A far cry from the constant 24/7 a newborn needs.  This I know is both a blessing and a curse.  A blessing in the sense that he now has a personality and a mind of his own.  We're able to play and interact with him and it's literally the most amazing thing to watch him learn and grown each day.  The other day, he literally chatted with himself the whole drive home.  I seriously wish I had a tape recorder...I was dying.

But a curse in a sense that I know the older he gets the more and more independent he will become and the more desirable toys and playing will be over Mommy.  We already see this in a new habit our little guy has picked up..."the stiff arm" as Chad likes to call it.  Any time you pick up the little guy, god forbid if he was in the middle of playing or eating, he arches his back and pushes away from you with his arms literally trying to jump out of your clutches....really funny to watch by the way.

Thank goodness he is still partial to being snuggled to bed...my favorite time of day by the way.


Anywho, we spent our Sunday being lazy at home.  I was itching to get out so Chad, Benny and I took a stroll to Target and got Bennett a new fall sweater and some other cozy clothes.  We also were very lucky and recieved some super cute converse sneakers from Chad's aunt that we cannot wait for Bennett to fit into!

I feel like nowadays, Chad and I feel like we actually have a handle on this whole parenting thing.  Yesterday was a breeze and I can't ever remember feeling that way until lately.  Bennett napped for all of his nap times and ate and played like a happy baby all day...it was so great.  As much as I feel like a pro at this point...I know that the second I feel comfortable with this little guy, he'll throw something new at us.


Next up - sitting up and solid foods...oh man.

xoxo,
Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment