Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanks...

I am a girl who recognizes, yet absolutely hates the concept of money.  Ironic that I'm married to an accountant and process multi-million dollar reimbursement claims for a living huh? 


I've always told Chad that I could care less if I had loads of money...as long as I don't owe anything and have a penny to my name - I'd be satisfied.

It's simple...

I don't need a big house, cos in my mind that's just more square footage to clean.
I don't need a nice car, cos really the only time it will get washed is when it rains.
I don't need nice clothes, cos hand me downs and trading with friends is just fine by me.

...i could go on for days, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

Becoming a mother has put the concept of money into a much larger spectrum...so quickly does the shift of selfishness to selflessness happen.  One of my biggest struggles as a mommy is making the decision to go back to work.  Every morning I force myself to walk out the front door and head to work in hopes of little Bennett never having to worry about diapers or food or warm clothes.


I've been thinking a lot about what really matters the most lately...especially with the holidays coming up.  And I can't help but be so thankful that Chad, Bennett and I have a roof over our heads and food in our tummies.

...that we're all healthy and happy.

I'm so thankful for my baby and how much joy he brings to my life.  I sit in awe most of the time, staring at him baffled at the fact that this little person is half me.  He's so happy and loving that I just wish I could spend my days snuggling in bed with him, never missing a moment of his life.


I'm thankful for my husband...my honest to God best friend.  The person who has seen me at my worst and has loved me dispite my flaws.  The person who I've let down, yet still finds strength in my weaknesses.  The person I met when I was a teenager and still unconditionally love til this day.  The person God chose for me and the father of my son.

What are you thankful for?

P.S. One of my favorite favorite songs right now...For you, Chaddy my love.





xoxo,
Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment