Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fanksgiving!!!!!

Bennett's first Thanksgiving was definitely one for the record books.



I have this weird issue where I always get really nervous about taking Benny to large, all day extravaganzas.  I don't know why but I always just fear for the worst as if he'll be screaming bloody murder the whole time (something he has never done by the way).  I think mainly because both of mine and Chad's families are, shall I say, quite extensive.  But the funny thing is, is that Bennett is usually always quite the opposite and absolutely loves and thrives in large groups.

The day before thanksgiving was a really fun and exciting day!  Both Chad and I worked a half day and we made plans to have Lizzy and Rich over!  We absolutely love that they live right down the street!  It's so easy for them to just swing on by or vise versa.  When Rich and Liz got to our place, we hung out for a little bit and gabbed about all that has been going on since we've last seen each other.  The boys went to pick up dinner from The Habit...yum! and Liz and I chatted each other's ears off while Benny napped in his swing.  He's seriously sooooo good around people...I die.




Thanksgiving morning Chad, Benny and I slept in and we attempted feeding the little guy solids again.  He seemed to be getting the hang of it and about half of his food was eaten...the rest, well was everywhere else.

His hands.
His face.
His hair.
Yes, and his eyelashes...silly boy.

We bathed the little guy and got all the food crusties off of him which is much harder than one would think.  We all got dressed and ready and headed to Aunt Rosie's for some family and food!  This was a really special time since those in my family that had yet to meet Bennett were going to be there.  Aunt Lynette, Uncle Joe, Curtis and Uncle Larry all got to meet Benny for the first time.  It was so nice for them to finally see the little man.


Needless to say I think Benny was the hit of the party, getting passed around from person to person and people calling dibs on who got to hold him next.  Thankfully Bennett took a little nap in Michael's room then woke up and ate just before our big thanksgiving dinner.  My heart literally melts when I see how good he is.  People are honestly amazed that he isn't so easily overwhelmed or overstimulated by all the photo taking and people holding him...I love it.  We are so lucky!

Dinner was so delicious and my Aunt Rosie is probably the best hostess around!  After dinner everyone joined in the usual "Thankful" game where we all write down things were thankful for and read each other's aloud trying to guess who's is who's.  Some were easy enough to distinguish like my brother who was thankful  for the sesame seed crackers from Costco that he happened to fall in love with while there or Lizzy's who thanked Rich in advance for the french bulldog that he's hopefully going to buy her one day haha.

Of course Maryann cried when she read that I was thankful for my sweet little baby, cos it wouldn't be a holiday if that didn't happen and everyone cracked up when Curtis was thankful for not being a paralegal cos they are crazy (Hint Hint: His mom Lynette is said paralegal).

Everyone began to wind down and munched on yummy dessert and coffee.  We decided to take off in order to get home to feed Bennett and put him to sleep and everyone just showered him in love and kisses.  Once we got home, Bennett stayed up an hour later than usual...but trust me we didn't mind.  It was the first time we got to snuggle our little baby all day.

The next day, my Dad called me just to tell me what a proud Grandpa he was.  He said some adults can hardly handle our family and Bennett blew through the whole day with smiles and giggles and hardly made a peep.


Gosh I love that kid.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Now let's bring on Christmas!

Love,
The Anaya's

1 comment:

  1. that felt like i was reading my own schedule, a day in the life of ftm right??!!

    ReplyDelete