Monday, January 2, 2012

2012.

Happy New Year!


I can't believe it's the new year.
I can't believe Bennett is almost 6 months old.
...and moreover I can't believe I'm a mom and Chad is a dad.



...is this real life?


The past year has been nothing short of amazing.  We expected and welcomed our sweet little monkey boy Bennett into the world.  I wish there were words to convey the utter joy Bennett has brought to our lives.  He constantly teaches us passion, patience, and a love we never knew existed.

Chad and I also celebrated our one year wedding anniversary back in September. That in itself just blows my mind.  I feel like it was just yesterday that he asked me to be his wife, but I cannot be thankful enough for the man that God has chosen to experience this walk with.



Well you'd think attending a New Year's shindig with an almost 6 month old would be close to impossible, but with Bennett in hand, we had loads and loads of fun with some really great friends. Liz and Rich invited us over to their place and mentioned it was going to be a baby friendly gathering...we couldn't resist.

Bennett had his first sleepover and did such an amazing job. He was one of three sweet little babes along with Caleb (1) and Maddox (2 mo), so it was really fun to see all the different stages of the little guys.  Caleb was so cute with his drunk baby walking and stumbling and Maddox was so sweet still in his little snugly infant stage.  It really is so incredible to see how much they change in a matter of a year!




After we put the kiddos to sleep around 7:00 pm, Rich and Liz had such an amazing meal and spread for us.  I swear, those two NEVER disappoint.  Rich grilled burgers and hot dogs while the rest of us munched on yummy apps including chocolated covered peanut butter crackers care of Liz Millard herself.



After dinner and a few glasses of wine, us girls headed out back to enjoy the fire the boys made earlier in the night.  It really was utter bliss to sit and relax knowing the little babes were snoozing away cozy inside.

...sweet sweet silence.


We shortly headed indoors to watch the ball drop and play an intense game of Catch Phrase...thankfully Chad and I didn't fight (...something that ALWAYS happens during a good ol' game of Catch Phrase).  I literally was so proud of myself for not only staying up past midnight, but also for allowing myself to relax and have a good time with some great friends...something I've always had a hard time doing since Bennett has been born.

Let's hear it for peace of mind and good wine!

Millard's thank you for the wonderful get together...we cannot begin to tell you how much we adore and value you two.

Happy New Year!

-The Anaya's

No comments:

Post a Comment