Sunday, January 8, 2012

Greetings from 6:30 am.

Ahoy!

Happy Sunday!

...I just put Bennett down for his early morning nap and thought I'd take advantage of the caffeine swimming through my veins and catch up on all the adventures of the little Benski lately.


 As we are vastly approaching six months old, Bennett is becoming so incredibly...I don't know any easier way to put it...human.

He has a voice, emotions, wonders, you name it, and its all so incredible to watch unfold day in and day out.  Your sitting is becoming quite daring if I do say so myself, as just this morning I heard a nice little thud the moment I took my eyes off of you.  Bennett, you do this leg thing, where while you are sitting I think you want to practice some sort of circus balancing act and lean on one butt cheek almost like a car driving sideways on two wheels...you'll balance for a moment, then it happens...the crash a burn.

At first of course, I'd get so worried and run to you, but now your excessive attempts have hindered my concern since you simply crash, then roll on your belly and continue playing. 

Thank you for the lesson in allowing you to experience and learn for yourself my love.


Yesterday you attended your first birthday party for your buddy Caleb...YAY!  I thought you'd do great at Gymboree since you spend a good 8 hours a day at a loud and crazy, baby filled day care, but again Bennett my heart, you are always keeping me on my toes.  Perhaps it was the amount of people, or perhaps it was because it was the end of the day nearing your bed time, but you just were not amused.  The bubbles made you mad and the parachute freaked you out.  Let's not discuss the horrible idea I had of letting you try out the slide.


Oh well, I guess you DO have your limits.  Or perhaps you're entering that stage of uncertainty and fear of the unknown...which are all just blunt reminders of how old and wise you are becoming.

...sigh.

Today we're celebrating your Daddy's birthday and thursday is your very own 1/2 birthday...can you believe it?...cos I sure can't.


(Can you guess who dressed him???...Twins)



xoxo my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Awww I need to see his lil face soon!! And yours too!!

    ReplyDelete