Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mama Bear Baby Bear

Well, I'm sick.

...the story of our lives lately it seems.

I swear, now that you FINALLY aren't sick, of course mommy gets sick.  Blah, no fun.  I've been trying my best to keep my stuffy nose and cough at a distance, but Bennett, its just so hard considering how gosh darn cute you are.  You seem to have re-entered your snuggle stage lately, which your daddy and I both are L.O.V.I.N.G. - but I pray to God this pesky virus of mine stays out of your tiny system.

The other night you melted my heart kid...



I was lying in bed, feeling crummy as you sat and played with your toys next to me.  You began to fuss and lunge toward me with arms outstretched (a new habit you have picked up lately) and I attempted to snuggle with you, knowing that, like always, you probably wouldn't stand for it.  Miraculously, you snuggled up next to me and watched How I Met Your Mother, with your favorite blankie in tact for a good thirty minutes!  I almost didn't want to even breathe, in fear of you realizing that you actually are lying still for more than 5 seconds.  I even carefully text your Daddy to come look at this rare occurance.

...I swear on some level, you knew I wasn't feeling well.  You knew I needed a good snuggle from my baby bear.  Well kid, you were right.


Gosh I love you.

All my heart and soul,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment