Monday, December 12, 2011

Sweet Release

Some days, more than others, I'm sure everyone feels as though they need to just throw their arms up, fall to their knees and surrender to all that life throws at you. 

Yesterday was one of those days for us. 

For anyone that knows me, I'm the type of person who thinks I can and should be able to do anything and everything.  But to be quite frank, I really can't.  I'm lucky enough to have the world's most supportive husband, who constantly reminds me that I'm not superman and no one expects me to be...and although I set myself up to try and accomplish more than I should, even if I don't, it does not mean I've failed in the slightest.

Sometimes, when we have reached our limits of tolerance...I think it's important to take a break and recollect on all that is important to us and filter out all the junk that is metaphorically weighing on our hearts and minds.




At the end of the day, Chad, Bennett and I sat on our living room floor and played this song over and over again.  We were surrendering to everything that was being thrown at us.

We were releasing all the muck.

Because sometimes, honestly, it's incredibly important to:
STOP.
Find peace of mind.
And flood your heart with what really and truly makes you happy.

For me...sitting on our living room floor cozy by the fire...just the three of us. 

...That was it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment