Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Baby.

With Christmas quickly approaching, I feel like life lately is almost just one huge blur.  Everyday Bennett is becoming more and more like a little person its just incredible. 


Your rolling over is getting so erratic and crazy, I'm really quite nervous for what's to come.  Sometimes I find you stuck in between like a little turtle on your shell waiting for someone to turn you over.  Really funny to watch by the way...except when it's in the middle of the night and I hear your poor little self calling for help because you've rolled yourself into the side crack of your crib unable to get out. 

...Oh the joys of motherhood.

Benny, you've also matured so much on your own that I cannot help but be incredibly proud of you.  You no longer want/need your paci...quite the opposite actually.  You've been getting mad and quickly spit it out when I try to give it to you, as if you are privy to my attempts to get you to shush or put you to sleep...smart little man.

You've also become talkative...which yes, you've always been, but we've reached a whole new level the past few weeks.  I swear you find pleasure and joy in hearing your own voice because I'll catch you giggling and smiling even when you're simply talking to yourself.  Along with the talking, you've also learned screaming.  Not the crying negative type of screaming, but the attention grabbing, "look at this mom" scream.  If I'm ever in the other room or not closely paying attention to you, you'll scream at the top of your lungs as if you're shouting "Hey Lady!!!"...then you laugh because, like I said, you think you're just soooooo funny.  Which you are my love, you are.

We took you to see Santa yesterday, and yes, I almost cried.  I don't know why but for some reason, these rite of passages like taking you to see Santa, or your first time with solids...they make me so weepy.  I think because the more we encounter, it's just a reminder of how quickly you are growing up...but that's a whole other issue. 



You were so much like yourself yesterday with Santa...being the quiet observer that you are, sitting there studying him.  The photographer even offered to take another round of photos because we just couldn't muster a smile out of your Stone Cold Steve Austin mugshot type expression.  Little do people know you have a time limit.  When you come across a new or unfamiliar person, it always takes you about 30 minutes to warm up to them...then once you wet your feelers and feel comfortable with them...you immediately become your happy, playful self, smiling and chatting up a storm with them. 

Thirty more minutes with Santa, you two would have been best buds huh?

Our little koala bear turns 5 months old in two days and its almost unreal to even think about.  Stay tuned for a 5 month update.

Sending love,
Momma Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment