Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dear Benny...

To My Drooly Little Angel,

Bennett my love...yesterday when I went to pick you up from nursery school, my heart leaped at the sight of this photo hanging so causally outside your classroom door.


I've been reminiscing a lot lately about you and all that you have grown and accomplished in the past 4 and 1/2 months.  I sometimes secretly wish, in a Peter Pan-esque mindset of course, that you’d never grow up.  Honestly, it’s just all happening so fast and I wish I could abruptly hinder the hands of time and just hold you as my precious porcelain cheeked baby forever.


I lied in bed last night and scrolled through all the photos your daddy and I took on the day you were born.  I swear pesky mommy tears attempted to escape as I recollected all the remarkable and prodigious aspects of your arrival. I vividly remember the night before you were born...going to sleep with the possibility of meeting you the next morning inherently etched in my mind.  They told me you weren’t growing well and I was incredibly sad that you may have been in distress.  Needless to say, I hardly slept as thoughts of your captivating face and tiny baby parts played beneath my eyelids as if it were a premonition of the lovely life that lied ahead of us.  You were perfect then…and even more perfect now.

Let me be the first to tell you that your mommy has a very sensitive soul.  I love to love and I’m hoping by now that is very apparent to you.  I don’t mind your highly sporadic fussiness because it constantly teaches me patience.  I secretly love your occasional 4:00 AM wake ups (note: the word occasional), because it’s just an excuse to pull you out of your crib and snuggle the crap out of you for a good hour.  I love that you chew on your toes and roll around with your chew cloth like a happy baby, clandestinely teaching us to remember the simple things…like being able to chew on your toes. I love your exuberant baby giggles whenever you are being tickled or come home from school and see Mommy and Daddy for the first time.  It honestly is a sound I wish I could jar up and keep forever.




You truly are my angel Bennett. 
My silly goose and perfect piggy. 
My porcelain doll and intoxicating spirit.

You touch the lives and spark joy in the hearts of everyone around you that I can’t help but be entirely grateful and proud to be your Mommy.

I love you in a thousand ways little owl.

xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment