Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back to the Grind

Well its official...I'm back to work.

Back to reality.

I can honestly say that it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  No tears were shed although the guilt sinks in every time I walk out the door in the morning. 

While I started back off to work, my little man began attending nursery school.  We spent the week before making visits to the nursery school to make sure all of us were as comfortable as possible. 

Bennett, being the social baby he is, absolutely loved playing with all the other babies and all the toys!  We also got Benny comfortable being around other babies by setting up a play date with my friend Dolores and her baby Landon. This was the second time we had a play date with Dolores and Landon, but the last time the boys were a wee 8 weeks old, so they really had no idea what was going on.


Dolores and I were so excited when we noticed how interested and happy the little guys were when we sat them next each other...I mean come on, look at that smile!  It was the cutest thing to watch them laugh and touch each other. It's so amazing to see how big and interactive they are becoming.  I love it.

Being back to work now has made me appreciate my little guy on a whole new level.  Don't get me wrong, I wish on every star in the sky that I could spend all day, every day with Benny, but now that I can't, I literally race home from work and snuggle my little man all night. 

It's so amazing when Bennett gets home and is so chatty and happy - telling me all about his day with all his new friends like Declan and Haylie.  I swear on some level he literally is telling me all about his adventures...its so sweet!  It's even more fulfilling when his nursery school teachers ask us if he's always so good and so smiley.  My heart is so happy that he is adjusting so incredibly well.



Our little monster is literally growing before our eyes.  Within the past week, Mr. Bennett began rolling over from his back to his belly, started holding his bottle on his own (for a couple seconds anyway) and learned to flash us his yummy, munchable belly button.

Such a silly guy!
 



I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.  I feel like before I know it, especially now that I'm back to work, Bennett is going to be walking and talking and keeping us on our toes more than ever.

As scary as that sounds...I literally cannot wait!

P.S. Tomorrow is Halloween...(squeal)!! We can't wait to dress up little Benny in his costume! Stay tuned for photos!

xo,
Catie


No comments:

Post a Comment