Wednesday, October 19, 2011

He's Back!!!

My happy little guy is back in action today!

Not sure if the poor thing is just used to the pain now (which is just so sad to think about), or the little numbing gel and Tylenol is starting to work...

Don't know.
Don't care.

He's back!

We started off our morning a little rough (as per usual lately with these pesky teeth), but I was hopeful that my little man would pull through!  His morning nap was broken and let just say tears were shed but I got a good hour out of him nonetheless.  After Benny's mid-morning feed, I took him on our usual jog and dressed him up in probably one of the first things I bought when we found out we were having a little boy...an Adidas track suit!



I was so excited to learn that his cute little running suit actually fit him now!  I guess that's what happens when your baby finally is normal sized right?

Bennett and I jogged for about an hour and the weather was perfect!  Foggy and brisk just how we like it! Towards the end of our run I noticed Benny was beginning to doze off.  I raced home before I risked getting him too overtired...because I was not about to have one of those days again!

I got home and quickly put Benny down for his mid-morning nap.  Of course, there was some revolt but I stood there and patted his back until he calmed down enough to let him doze off.  I stood at his door waiting for the screaming to erupt like he's been doing the past week, but much to my surprise, the little angel knocked out!!

My heart leaped when almost 1:00 pm rolled around and I went in to wake Bennett up for lunch.   

He was back! 

My little sleeper gave me almost three good hours of a decent nap...sighhhh just like the old days!  Take that stupid teeth!  I was so proud I could have cried! 

After lunch, it was like my little guy was back to normal. So happy and spirited...playing with all of his toys and talking up a storm to his monkey Maxwell that he desperately tries to pull down from his play mat...so cute to watch by the way. 



After a good hour and a 1/2 of play time, I could tell the little guy was getting tuckered out again.  Could I possibly get him back to normal?  Could I possibly get two good naps out of him today?!?  Could he literally be back to his regular sleeping/eating schedule? 

You bet your bottom dollar he could! 

I'm proud to report that Bennett went down for his afternoon nap without a fight and has been out like a light ever since.

Thank. God.

It just goes to show that no matter what curve balls life, or in this case, your baby throws you...with determination, hope and a little prayer, you ALWAYS can bounce back from anything!


Way to go little man...way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment