Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mommy Joy

Dear Bennett,

You are so wise. 

You are constantly teaching me...which is weird because isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  Every day, you behoove me to practice patience and surrender, and I cannot thank you enough for that.  I'm becoming a better person because of you.


The past two days you've woken up at 4:30...reminding me of your 4-5 month old days.  I'm pretty sure pesky tooth number two is wreaking havoc on your poor defenseless little self.  I'm sorry baby.

I used to gripe while looking at the clock, still half asleep, stumbling down the hall to try and shush you back to sleep.  But now...it's different.

I don't care what time it is. 
I don't care how tired I am. 
I honestly miss you at night and can't wait til you wake up anymore...like a little kid on Christmas or something.


You are becoming such a little person now it's almost taking my breath away.  This weekend you showed everyone your crawling (or scooting, rather) skills and I honestly never get sick of people telling me how GOOD you are.  I feel like in every stage of your life so far, I've always said "This is my favorite stage"...only to be superseded by the next.

...in short, you never cease to amaze me my love.


Along with saying "Dada", you've also started mumbling "Nana"...which I'm going to go out on a limb and pray means "Mama"...am I right?

Well my baby, thank you for constantly enlightening me.
Thank you for bringing me the greatest mommy joy imaginable.
...and thank you for being you.


Love always,
"Nana"

1 comment:

  1. he is getting SO big! we miss you guys! hope all is well! I totally know what you mean though! Kevin and I still fight over who gets to get Z out of bed in the morning cause we miss her when she is sleeping.... I would say I miss Georgie while he is sleeping but he usually sleeps on me so it is pretty hard to "miss him"

    ReplyDelete