Friday, February 10, 2012

Promises

Dear Bennett,

One day you'll learn the unmistakeable caliber of a promise.  The importance of a vow and committing to one's word.  Let me be the first to tell you, that promises come in all shapes and sizes, my love - but don't let that shake the significance of one's pledge to you by any means.

Throughout your life, I promise you'll make, break, and take promises.  See, right there...a promise. 



I promise that some will be great...like the really good ones.  The promises that make your heart want to leap out of your chest...like when your Daddy promised to be mine forever, or when God promised your life to us.

Those are my favorite.

...and unfortunately, some will hurt, especially when promises are broken.  But trust in me and trust in this promise that they will only make you stronger than you already are.


As your mommy, I promise the world to you, because truthfully Bennett, you are mine.  You and your Daddy are my everythings.  The air in my lungs and the blood in my veins. You both have taught me a love that can only be described as well...undescribeable.

I promise from now until my very last breath to be nothing short of what you need.  Because your's and your Dad's needs come first.  My needs are your needs...because you two are really all I need


I promise to give and continuously envelop you with love.  To catch you when you fall and encourage you when you struggle.  To teach you like you teach me and exude the joy that you inherently bring to my soul.

I love you baby bear...I'll love you forever.

...I promise.

xoxo,
Mommy

6 comments:

  1. So, so, so very sweet. You sound like a wonderful wife and mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. you are a beautiful writer catie. he will truly cherish this...someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I'm glad you're blogging!! I can't wait to read all the Trumbo adventures!!

      Delete
  3. Very sweet!!! I loved this and I know that he will too!! I'm glad I found you on Shane's linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I have a 6 month old baby girl-- Lulu-- and so I can certainly relate to all your motherhood musings. It is a precious season for us mamas!
    Visit me sometime at www.thrivingthirty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete