Thursday, February 2, 2012

A few things...

If I were to tell you a few things about myself...I'd tell you:



...that I'm a writer.  Uh huh, I know, everyone is a writer...just like everyone is an actor or model, but really...I have my degree in English Literature and one day wish to heave my thoughts and feelings onto paper in a way so utterly influential and relatable that it behooves readers to stay sucked in like...well, a good book.

I'd tell you that I wrote my first novel when I was 22 years old....only a handful of people have actually read it and I'm okay with that.  It's my metaphoric baby and very dear to my heart.

I'd tell you that as much as I'd love to be a writer for a living...I really could never stomach it.  The thought of someone telling you that work you spents hours on end pouring every ounce of your heart and soul into sucks...well that sucks just as bad. Trust me, I've felt it.

I'd tell you that I'd madly in love with my husband, now more than ever.  Seeing his relationship with Bennett only solidifies the decision I made to spend the rest of my days with him.  He's the most caring, hard-working, selfLESS person I know...Not to mention THEE funniest too.


I'd tell you that Chad is so funny, he makes me have what I like to call "explosive laughter"...the kind that stems from deep in your gut and is only released by those that really "get you".  The kind that makes you cry and smear make up down your face from giggling so hard.  Yes, that kind.

I'd tell you that Bennett is my everything.  He is my world, universe, moon and stars.  My night owl and sweet little lamb.  I feel his every emotion, like Elliott does ET.  My heart cries when he's in pain and it smiles when he's joyous.  I've learned a love that is literally indescribable until physically experienced.



I'd tell you that 6:00 AM is my favorite time of day.  The time of day I wake my sleeping monkey and spend incredibly necessary mommy and peanut time.  The time of day where we sit on the floor and drink coffee in our jammies, Bennett pretending of course.  The time of day he is so rested and alert and shouts at the top of his lungs, unbeknownst to him that it is merely 6:00 AM.


I'd tell you that im in love. 
In love with my husband.
In love with my baby.
And lastly....so so so in love with my life.

The end.

-Catie

1 comment: