Monday, August 27, 2012

"Darling, your love is healing
It makes the bitter sweet
Warms the winter to spring again
Secures the cold's defeat"
-- Brooke Fraser


I've been having a hard time being away from Bennett lately. 
I can't tell you why, nor do I feel like I need any sort of justification for such emotion. 
I'm his Momma and I loathe being gone…simply put.

It could be his age, and how he's so exuberant and fearless.
It could be his smile, which is hard not to go weak in the knees when it’s so effortlessly flashed.
It could be his spirit…that intoxicating joy bursting out.

It could be anything.
Well actually…it’s everything.

He is everything.



My little baby is quickly becoming a little boy. 
His wonder is amazing and his intuition is just as incredible. 
I wish there were words convey the feeling of watching your child grow up. 
Astonishing.
Heart-wrenching.
Joyous.
...I could go on for days.

Benny my son, even your once chubby, stubby baby legs are now thinning out to be replaced by much longer, leaner (slightly) little boy legs.

...the little things are truly getting to me lately.



Gosh, kid...you are our world.

We love you little owl.

xoxo,
Mommy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment