Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baby Kid

Dear Bennett,

When you turned a year old, I almost choked at the thought of you no longer being considered a baby.  But here we are...a day past turning 13 months old and truthfully kid, you'll always be my baby. 

Even when you have younger siblings, or when you're 30. 
You'll always be, okay?

Lately though, its been increasingly difficult to hold on to your babyness.  You're without a doubt a full blown toddler...and boy do you let us know that.


You know the power of "NO" and use it quite excessively, might I add.

"Bennett, can Mommy have a kiss?" 
(Shakes head no)

"Bennett are you hungry?
(Shakes head and hands no)

"Bennett..."
(Already shakes head no)

You are a crack up kid, but gosh a "yes" would be nice every once in a while.

Also, you are quite the sneaky and freakishly smart little booger.  You always seem to test mine and your Dad's patience and sanity.  You can figure out how to get past any and all of our baby proofing efforts.  You climb onto couches and dangerously high areas. And you know how to turn knobs and open pretty much ANYTHING!

How do you know this???
I know I have never shown you.

Regardless, you're a baby genius. 
Even if it does make us want to throw in the towel sometimes.


Bennett...my little owl. 
How are you so big? 

You really are a KID now and that just turns me to mush.  Your daddy and I feel like you are growing in front of our very eyes...LITERALLY!


You're so adventurous and curious and we cannot wait to explore this world with you more and more everday.

I love you my little son.

xoxo,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment