Monday, April 16, 2012

The Big 9 Months

Bennett Brandon Anaya...you are nine months old. 

Yes, I know...how did we get here so quickly?!?!


I feel like now that you are nine months old, you'll be one before the blink of my eyes.  Which is fitting, since I almost cannot blink anymore with you around.  Your mobility is insane, intense, and incredibly terrifying if I do say so myself. 

And yes, it happened...something every mother of a little mover dreads. 

The fall.

I've been beating myself up about it since it happened and honestly the constant reminder from others that it "happens to every baby at some point" just DOES NOT soften the feeling of guilt and remorse.  I put you on my bed and took my eyes off of you for one second. 

Then it happened...the crash, the thud...the fall.

Ugh...I'm sorry baby! 

Of course I was immediately terrified that I had killed you.  Scooping you up and squeezing you so tightly as if I were trying to suck the fear and pain out of you.  But like the little trooper you are, only cried for a minute then went right back to crawling around and playing as if nothing ever happened. 

How are you so good?

I slept with you that night...something I said I'd never do.  Well, sometimes plans change.  Sometimes mommy needs to sleep with YOU, instead of the other way around.

...and that's okay.


Friday was your 9 month well check and it was so nice to be at the doctors for a normally scheduled visit rather than all the previous sick visits we had in the past.  Oh and on that note, thank you so much for being illness free for 5 weeks now my love! 

Yay for you!

Your doctor visit went great and Dr. Kathy was so astonished to hear about the walking and climbing abilities you now have.  She was almost shocked and quickly reminded me to now practice intense caution with you now...yes, lesson learned thank you very much!

At 9 months old, you are such a perfect little piggy Bennett weighing in at 19 lbs 15 oz and 28 1/4 inches long.  The 40th percentile in both areas.  It's funny because whenever people see Benny, they mention how cute and chubby he is, but in reality, his legs and cheeks probably make up 50 % of his body weight. 

Haha, oh ain't that the truth.


Happy 9 months Bennett my love. 

Thank you for the lessons you continue to teach me day in and day out. 
Thank you for the smiles, hugs, hair pulls and drool - which I, of course know, are all signs of your incredibly loving nature.

xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment