Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday (Eve)!!

Dear Bennett,

Here we are, on the eve of your first birthday...siiiggggghhhh.

I would have written this tomorrow, but we have such a fun filled day of birthday fun, I'd hate to spend time away from you sitting at a computer.

It's amazing how far we've come since 366 days ago.  There we were, in the middle of downtown LA with a new tiny 5lb baby boy.  You were so tiny and delicate...a far cry from the chubby, daring toddler you are today.

I remember I didn't sleep much the first night.  I just lied there, starting at you - amazed that I was able to create something so perfect.  It was almost like I was dreaming, and if I woke up, you'd just be that, a dream. 

Bennett my son, it's so very simple. 
You are so loved. 

Loved by Mommy.
Loved by Daddy.
Loved by all.

You have a passion and exuberance about you that is so intoxicating.  I swear I can see pure joy shining from your eyes.  You honestly take my breath away.  You stop me in my tracks and make me clutch my chest from the explosions you comission inside my heart.  Your laugh...oh Lord, your laugh.  It is one that I wish I could jar up forever.  Your snuggles and hugs...well, those are just as great.

I truly wish there were words my son, but quite frankly, there aren't.

Bennett, tomorrow you are one.
...but I will love you today, tomorrow, and for as many birthdays as we are blessed with.

You truly are my happiness.

xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment