Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birthday Recap

Well...I don't have a baby anymore.
We officially have a full blown ONE YEAR OLD! 

...For reals?!?!


Chad and I both took Friday off (Benny's actual birthday).  We made plans to swing by his doctor for his 12 month check up then head off to the LA Zoo for some birthday fun!

After a crazy morning of running around and packing for the weekend, we were out the door and ready for the day.  Bennett was in such a good mood that day!  I mean, he always is, but it was as if he knew it was a special day with all his smiles and giggles and oh gosh, those bright eyes!

We got to the doctors and got Bennett's 12 month stats:
22lbs 12oz - 50%
30 inches long - 58%
18 1/4 head circumference - 50%

...I have to say, I was a little shocked when Bennett only weighed in at 22 pounds.  I mean the kid's legs and cheeks have got to be 20 of those pounds alone!!  I guess walking really does lean them out!!

After two pesky shots in the arm, and just a tiny bit of tears, we were off to the Zoo to celebrate Benny's big day!  With it being close to Bennett's morning nap time, of course he passed out on the drive over and also for almost 1/2 of our zoo trip!

...Birthday's are rough!


Once the little guy woke up, we had some lunch and began exploring.  Bennett absolutely LOVED all the animals.  He'd point and make an excited squeal when he would spot them and clap whenever they moved or did ANYTHING.  His favorite was the tortoise!  It was so cute to watch him laugh and point and clap as it walked past us.

After the Zoo, we headed out to Oxnard to my Aunt MaryAnn and Uncle Rick's house.  We thankfully stayed the night there since Bennett's party was just a few mintues from their house.  Not to mention, we love the Zepf's house...especially Bennett!  I swear, one day were going to have to get 2394823 animals because of them.  Bennett just LOVES chasing all the cats and dog around!

The next morning, we all woke up and got ready for Bennett's Birthday Beach Bash and headed to the beach for some sun, food and fun. I, of course am so terrible that I didn't take ANY photos because I was so preoccupied, but thankfully a lot of our family and friends were able to capture the fun!

Benny is so thankful for everyone that was able to come and celebrate his 1st birthday with him.  We are so grateful for all the family and friends that show him so much love, care and concern.  We cannot thank you enough!


P.S. 
...so there's this commerical, I'm sure everyone has seen it a time or two.  But for some reason, Bennett is obsessed with it!  It's a Ceasar's Palace commerical with a very loud, danceable song and no matter WHAT Benny is doing, whether it be playing, crying, eating, you name it...he will stop in his tracks, run to the TV and start dancing and clapping.

...don't ask me why...but Benny lovesssssss Vegas!

For so long Chad and I have been trying to capture it on video, but who knows when a commerical is going to be playing right?  Well finally, I was able to snag the tail end of his Vegas joy!

...silly boy!



xoxo,
Mommy Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment