Monday, October 29, 2012

Growing.


Bennett,

As your Momma, let me be the first to tell you that watching you grow is without a doubt one of the most marvelous occurrences I’ve ever had the privilege to witness.  You move me in such a way that I’m almost brought to tears.  I stand there, gasping for air and clinching my heart because, truthfully kid, you really do take my breath away.


As of late my love, you’ve just been talking up a storm…shooting out your normal “mama” ”dada” “yes”  and the ever popular “no no no” but lately your vocabulary has seemingly exploded.  You point to an object, concentrate very hard and purse your lips together trying to sound out the word.  Where did you learn this??? 

The other day, I was putting on my shoes and you ran up to me, pointed to my shoe, and started shouting “ SHHH SHH SHHHOOOO”

…you’re so close Benny!...one day you’ll get shoe!



Then yesterday, Daddy had cut you up some grapes, and like your normal self, you inhaled them as if food was something of a rare occurrence in your life.

…please Bennett, look at your legs! 
You’re not fooling anyone.

Any who, we brought your plate into the kitchen and you ran up to Daddy, pushing your fingers together, giving him the baby sign for more.  I looked down at you and said, “Benny do you want more grapes?” and sure enough, clear as day, you looked right up to Daddy and I and said, “Yes, more!”

…we froze.

Did you really just like…speak to us???

Too much, too fast I tell you. 



Weren’t you just my little five pound baby boy that could fit in the crook of my arm?

Bennett, you truly are growing at the speed of light and I only hope I’ve done and continue to do all I can to mold and shape you as you grow into a young man.  You are so sweet and tenderhearted, giving me snuggles when you know I need them most.  You’re so fearless and adventurous, wanting to always test the limits and run free.  You’re so incredibly funny and lets be real, you know it too.  You’ll do something silly and crack a giggle that is almost impossible to no join in on.

Gosh kid, you’re just too much.



Please continue growing into the incredible little man that you are.  Please continue to move me to tears and never ever think they are bad or sad.  Please continue to always be you, my little owl. 

 
I love you so so much.


xoxo,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment