Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boys.

I'll be the first to tell you...having a little boy when you're a mom sure is a huge shock.  I now wholeheartedly understand when people look at their sons, bow and shake their heads in shame, exhaling a sigh of embarrassment mixed with disbelief and a never-ending love.  Throwing up their hands simply saying. "He's a boy..."

Bennett my love, you are such a boy!

You have bumps and bruises galore from your never-ending fearlessness and you seem to think that everything should be capable enough to withstand being thrown.  Toys, shoes, remotes, phones...you name it, you throw it!

You climb on and dangerously ride everything...the couch, chairs...yes, even dogs.

WHO ARE YOU?



Also, you for some reason think I'm some sort of glutton for punishment.  You slap me, kick me, bite me...use your toy golf clubs as weapons against me.  You pull my hair and boy do you pull it hard.  But never forgetting to snuggle me or kiss me when you know you've gone too far... you sour patch kid, you!

You're such a boy!

Aside from your recent jump into little boyness, you also, much to my delight, have fallen in love with reading books!  Bennett my love, you know your mother so well and thankfully you've acquired SOMETHING from me FINALLY...aside from your amazing ability to fall asleep at the drop of a hat!

You could be surrounded by toys and all you want to do is read.
All you want is books!!!

My heart literally melts kid.

Not only do you like to read...you love it.  So much so that you have been known to chase Mommy and Daddy around with your books, shouting at us until we read it to you for the 9,304,298 time.

Seriously...WHO ARE YOU?



Your favorite book by far is the Itsy Bitsy Spider...so much so that you have even got the hand movements down.  Very fitting for the baby genius that you are might I add.

Bennett...you are so smart...dangerously smart I think.

Like too smart for your own good smart.

You know how to do things that have never been shown to you and you figure things out after only trying once!!!

Again I ask...WHO ARE YOU?



Bennett my little owl, I cannot wait to continue to figure you out.  To watch your BIG personality quirks and habits grow leaps and bounds.  To be surprised day in and day out by your relentless spirit and sponge-like brain.  To embrace your boyness and your inherent weirdness, cos after all...you are OUR son don't forget.

I love you my little son...even when you beat me.

xoxo,
Mommy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment